Wow, where have I been? I have a couple of blogs that I read regularly and when they aren't updated on time I start to get antsy! I can imagine that any of you who read this regularly are a bit antsy too! I am so sorry that it has taken me so long! Like most everything, I can blame this absence on my dear husband! My little point and shoot camera takes terrible pictures and his DSLR is fabulous, but he always takes it with him. Those of you who read his blog can attest to the wonderful quality and quantity of his pictures! Therefore, I don't have any new good pictures of my kiddos. Having said that, here are some cute pics we took over the Christmas holiday. The above picture is of Miss M while we were waiting to visit with Santa Claus. She did quite well in seeing him. I don't think we even had any tears! Of course, her big brother didn't fuss at all. He was so excited and had quite a list to share with the Big Man! This picture captures the excitement as we waited in a dreadfully long line! If you had seen pictures of F and I, I don't think we would have had the same excitement!
Santa Claus was nice enough to take a picture of the living room after he was all done setting out the gifts.
He didn't leave anything huge this year, but everyone seemed very pleased with what they found under the tree. Here are a couple of pictures of the favorite gifts. M has worn that hat nearly everyday since Christmas. I can't get enough of her in it!
I don't know how it is possible, but there were two light sabers that N didn't have going into Christmas, but don't worry, he has them now! This is a double handed one that he has had his eye on for a long time! Grandpa Pickle bought him the General Greivious one he had been wanting. It is truly impressive, it is green and blue and can spin around! This is an amazing feat to a 6 year-old! I'm sure Miss M will learn to play light sabers very soon! I have peeked into the living room more than once to find one being shoved into her face. I can't wait to see how tough she is after growing up with a big brother!
As is our tradition, we always wake up at our house on Christmas morning. We have Christmas together as a family and then load up the car for the journey to Cumberland County. Usually we grab some Mickey D's at the Lakeforest Oasis. But this year we weren't ready to eat at that point so we headed on down the road. Big mistake! That was the only McDonalds open between Milwaukee and Toledo. We were so hungry by the time we hit Bradley that we resorted to chips and sodas from a gas station! What a Christmas dinner. After our 300 mile journey, we were thrilled to head to the Beaumont family Christmas. This year we celebrated in Nan and Pop's house just like old times. But now it is Aunt Mayna's house! N was thrilled to see his cousin MJ! She was all decked out in her Santa dress and hat, looking too cute. Here they are posing in front of the tree.
After a long car ride, Miss M was glad to be able to play on the floor and move around. This was one the last happy moments she had during the trip! We have decided she isn't going to be our little traveler like her brother. She is going to take after her dad and prefer to be at home! We have another trip planned soon for her birthday so hopefully she is up for it!
While at the Beaumont Christmas we got to see lots of family and enjoy great conversation. Isn't that what holidays are all about? Here is my cousin C and her beautiful daughter K. They were quietly reading a book together while all of the boys were wrestling in the other room! Again, what are holidays for if not wrestling with all of your cousins?!
Sorry my spacing is all off on this post. I think blogger is punishing me for not updating sooner. Above is a picture of our niece Miss K. She is one of M's biggest fans! It works perfectly because N is one of her biggest fans! Get togethers with the Floods are an absolute dream because the kids play so well together! Below is the annual sibling picture that everyone looks forward to. It got a little crazy this year as you can see! Believe it or not, this was the best one out of the 10 that we took!
Here is another one of M's content moments, playing with blocks at Grandpa Pickles.
N is showing you his impressive Jedi fighting skills with the before-mentioned light saber. Look out, he is quite good!
Sorry again for the spacing issues, the above pictures are day 3 of our Christmas marathon! This was by far the most tedious night of Miss M's unhappiness. Although in these pictures she is looking quite content! Despite her traveling issues, we had a beautiful Christmas celebration! It is always a good time when you can share leisurely days laughing and eating with family!
Stayed tuned, our little girl turns one in 2 weeks. There will surely be lots of pictures of her first birthday celebration! Even if I don't post them until she is 15 months old! I promise I will try to do better next time! Take care and God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment