Saturday, September 4, 2010

First Day for the Little Floodies!

N reached a whole new level this week! F and I did at the same time. We are now parents of a Kindergartner. Seriously, how did that happen? Wasn't it just yesterday that he was the same age as Miss M? He was so ready to start. He is ready to learn and is such a little sponge. I sometimes wonder if he has a photographic memory! I know every crow thinks hers is the blackest, but really the boy is super sharp! He was awake and getting ready before his Dad and I that morning. As he was finishing up all of his jobs that morning, he headed down the stairs and said, "Ok Mom, I'll see you later!" I asked if maybe his Dad and I should go along and he assured me he would be fine. I'm not sure how he thought he was going to get there but he was convinced he was taking himself. He actually cried when I told him F and I were going to take him. Needless to say he settled himself down and we headed out. His backpack was loaded with supplies, his lunch bag, and his morning snack. Here he is outside of the school.


After the picture we headed to the door to line up...and took another picture!


There he met up with some friends from his K4 class. There are 4 kids from last year in his class and a few more that he already knew. He was worried that he didn't know many kids but I assured him that this is the way we make new friends! He seems to be settling in really well. On Thursday he had to present his "Me Box" that told the class about him. He chose a small Cubs helmet, baseball, racing sausage, his sketchbook, and a Johnny Cash cd. His teacher, Ms. A, said she about lost it when he pulled out the cd. She says he is "so sweet!"


One of his favorite things about K5 is that they get 2 recesses! As soon as he is dismissed, he hits the playground behind the school where he swings forever. So far he has steered clear of the monkey bars. I have found that I can't even watch other kids play on them anymore. It just makes me so nervous! After I finally separated him from the swings and got him home, it was time to head out for supper and some errands that F needed to accomplish. N really wanted to pick where we ate, but he fell asleep before he could decide. Kindergarten is tough on a feller!


His first day of school was Wednesday, but I think Friday was his favorite day. That morning he was able to get his cast off! He still has to wear a removable splint for a few weeks, but at least it can be taken off for bath time! Thank goodness, that boy was in need of a serious scrubbin! So far he is doing well with it, when I can convince him it needs to stay on!
I should close for now, but I will be back soon with Miss M's newest first! Thanks for checking in on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment