Monday, September 20, 2010

Raspberry Picking Fun

We recently had a beautiful nearly fall Saturday afternoon with no plans. So when our church friend C called to see if we wanted to pick some raspberries with her, we were game! We headed south near Kenosha to find Thompson Strawberry Farm. N and I were having a great time picking and planning to make a cobbler. M was content to ride along in her stroller and to watch N run up and down the rows and back and forth between C and I. As you will see in one of the pictures, I am pretty sure he was sampling the berries instead of putting them all in the basket! Although there was a large patch to pick from, the bushes were over picked by the time we were there, according to C. N and I were clueless and thought we were doing great! We left with one pint which was just what we needed to make our cobbler. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of it before N and I finished it off!




What do you think, are those raspberry stains on his mush?


Here is Miss M proudly displaying her pint of berries!


This is our friend C. She is a great lady, but she has questionable taste in baseball teams! I have told her that I really shouldn't be seen with her when she is wearing that hat!


Here is our take! They certainly were tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment