I could tell you that I have been so busy doing everything for my one armed son that I haven't been able to update the blog, but if you have seen N in the last six weeks, you would know that I would not be telling the truth! He hasn't slowed down at all! He can now do anything with his left hand that he would normally do with his right ... except pick up his toys! He has told both F and I that he can't pick up his toys because he only has one hand. We have asked how he was able to get the toys out and play with them and for once he was speechless! He has been so funny lately, even more than usual. He recently told F that he has so many questions in his head that he can't get them all out. I can't imagine that he could ask more questions than he already does. I can tell he will be too smart for my answers soon! I guess I should start studying up on random facts!
Broken arm or not, nothing could have kept him from his tee-ball outing on a recent Monday night! N's coach from the summer league is a lawyer for the Milwaukee Brewers and he arranged for all of the kids and one of their parents to attend a game and batting practice. Of course I won the right to go with him as F isn't the biggest baseball fan! We had a great time! It all started when we met all of his teammates outside of the park. We took the opportunity to snap some pictures while they were in their Diamondbacks shirts.
Next we headed into the stadium to watch the Brewers take batting practice. We saw Rickie Weeks, Lorenzo Cain, Casey McGhee, and Prince Fielder hit a few out of the park! As you can see, N was enjoying himself!
As batting practice wrapped up, it was time for another team picture. This time in their new Brewers shirts the coaches gave them.
Here is N snagging a ball that Willie Randolph, the bench coach, rolled his way. He didn't put the ball down the entire game!
Next, one of the Brewers pitchers, Doug Davis, came over to talk to the kids. He came to Milwaukee from the Arizona Diamondbacks so he loved the Brewers shirts with Diamondback hats! It was so nice of him to come talk to the kids about the importance of little league and how that is where they will develop their ball playing skills!
We enjoyed our supper in a private suite and then headed to the Kidszone to play. This is N's favorite area of the park. He loves to race Corey Hart to 1st base and to check his speed in the pitching cage. He was a few mph short since he was throwing with his left hand! He is counting the days until the beginning of next season when he will be old enough for the batting cage! Once the game began, some of our teammates played one of the trivia games that they have throughout the night. They were on the jumbotron and answered the question correctly!
Unfortunately, the Brewers weren't quite as lucky. They lost the game to the Diamondbacks in extra innings. Oh well, we had a great time and wouldn't trade the experience for anything! N had just enough energy for one last picture before we headed for home. Here he is posing with the Time Warner Cable Roadrunner!
He managed to stay awake all the way home and gave his Dad a rundown of the whole evening! Needless to say, Little Miss M was sound asleep by the time we got home. She and her Daddy enjoyed their evening together.
I promise I will update again soon on N's first day of Kindergarten!
No comments:
Post a Comment